Tuesday, January 25, 2011

So how did I do it?


So how did I get all of this stuff for just pennies?  I will try to break it down.

1.  Everything was purchased at ShopRite.

2.  You need to start saving the coupon circulars from your Sunday paper if you are going to get the best deals.  It is even best to have more than one set.  I have my mom give me hers when she has taken what she needs and I get one delivered in the Star Ledger.  If the deals are really great I will buy and extra paper on Sunday too.

3.  You need to have a working printer with your computer.  Many of the coupons are printables from the internet.

4. You need to know the following terminology...

Catalina- a coupon that prints out from the register at the end of your purchase.  It is usually a $ off coupon that can be used on future purchases

SS- an abbreviation for Smart Source, a circular from the Sunday paper

RP- an abbreviation for Red Plum, a circular from the Sunday paper

P&G- an abbreviation for Proctor & Gable, a circular from the Sunday paper

Coupon Doubling- stores like ShopRite doubles their coupons up to 75 cents.  For example, if you use a 75 cent coupon you will get $1.50 off.

money maker- is when you get Catalinas back that are worth more than what you paid for the item.

5.  Here are the coupons I used...

*The Pennsylvania Dutch noodles are on sale for 99 cents.  You can go to THIS WEBSITE to print out $1.00 off coupons which will make the noodles free.  I was able to print out three so I was able to get three packages of noodles.

*The Fantastik ends up being a money maker.  You need to buy the Fantastick with Scrubbing bubbles.  It is on sale for $1.99. You need to use 3 coupons worth $0.75/1 Scrubbing Bubbles from the 1/9 SS.  The coupons double to 1.50 off each. This makes the total spent $1.47.  A $2.00 off your next purchase will print at the end since you bought three Scrubbing Bubbles products.  After getting the $2.00 Catalina coupon back, you just made 53 cents!

*The French’s Spicy Brown Mustard  is on sale for $1.79.  If you use the $0.75/1 from the 1/23 SS.  The coupon doubles to $1.50 off and you end up paying 29 cents.

*The Campbell's soup is on sale for 40 cents each for the Chicken Noodle and Tomato varieties.  Buy three cans and  use $0.40/3 Campbell’s Condensed Soup, exp. 3-15-11 (SS 01/02/11).  The coupon will double to 80 cents off which means you pay 40 cents for three cans of soup!

*The Old Spice Bodywash was free with the Buy a deodorant and get a body wash free coupon from the P&G circular.  The deodorant was on sale for $2.09 and I had a $1.00 off coupon which made the deodorant $1.09 and the bodywash FREE.




You can do this for yourself.  It is really not that complicated.  It gets easier everytime you try it.  You need to frequent websites like http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/  Sites like this break everything down for tons of stores.  Give it a try and let me know if you tried it.

2 comments:

  1. That site is awesome! I got a coupon for aquapods, something I bought last week. Since BJs gives cash for coupons redeemed after the purchase, I'm headed over there with my receipt and coupon in hand.

    ReplyDelete